Pages

About me

I'm a mid twenty something woman living in New England with my two dogs. I graduated college in 2008, and by then the economy was tanking. It was not a good time to enter the adult world. I was originally going to Vet school, but developed severe animal allergies. After 7 months of allergy shots, that affected my liver and actually made my symptoms much worse, i had to give up that dream. Now I'm just trying to find a steady job. I had major reconstructive knee surgery in November of 2011, so I'm still healing.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

In which I feel deflated

I had an interview yesterday. I took time away from my family to go to it. It was nearly an hour one way. When I got there the interviewer was late, and never apologized. As he was walking me back he asked about the drive but I could tell he wasn't paying attention. He quickly told me about the job, asked a few questions, mentioned that he's interviewed a lot of people several times, and sent me on my way. On the way out he again asked how my drive in had been. This was a 6 maybe 8 minute interview. In that tiny amount of time he'd forgotten he'd already asked me that. What a waste of my time.
I don't know why the news keeps saying the economy is looking up. If I can't find a job, then what am I doing wrong?


No comments:

Post a Comment