Pages

About me

I'm a mid twenty something woman living in New England with my two dogs. I graduated college in 2008, and by then the economy was tanking. It was not a good time to enter the adult world. I was originally going to Vet school, but developed severe animal allergies. After 7 months of allergy shots, that affected my liver and actually made my symptoms much worse, i had to give up that dream. Now I'm just trying to find a steady job. I had major reconstructive knee surgery in November of 2011, so I'm still healing.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

In which Fall is turning to Winter

Being as I live in New England, we can sense fall half way through August. For the most part, everyone is in denial about it. However, you can tell people are thinking about it. They look up at the sky more, people start going outside more out of obligation than enjoyment, the weather forecasters start emphasizing any and all great upcoming weather days, etc.
Now that it's the second week of November, the crappy weather has fully edged its way in. That doesn't mean there won't be nice semi-warm days. There will be. They'll just be tinged with the knowledge that it could snow the next day. I made sure I got outside earlier in the day as it was starting to look cloudy. I took the dogs on their usual walk down my road. It's a dead end street by a reservoir. It's a nice, albeit windy walk. The dogs love being off leash. Right before going back inside I noticed this little guy.

Thankfully the dogs didn't notice. It wouldn't have stood a chance. So now we're back inside, laundry is being done, the floor's been swept, trash picked up, and I wait for another week of job searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment