Pages

About me

I'm a mid twenty something woman living in New England with my two dogs. I graduated college in 2008, and by then the economy was tanking. It was not a good time to enter the adult world. I was originally going to Vet school, but developed severe animal allergies. After 7 months of allergy shots, that affected my liver and actually made my symptoms much worse, i had to give up that dream. Now I'm just trying to find a steady job. I had major reconstructive knee surgery in November of 2011, so I'm still healing.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

In which I have my resume submitted for consideration

I've been applying to jobs everywhere. However, that's not to say I've been applying to every job. Thanks to some really bad knees, retail is completely out. I did it for nearly 10 years, and I'm physically, emotionally, and mentally kaput with the whole deal. Stick a fork in me.
So recently I've been working/applying for office jobs. I've mainly done secretarial and data entry. It's mostly sitting, inside, and has room for advancement. While I do a lot of temp work, it's not a long term solution by any means. So while I do those jobs, I apply to full time ones as well. I worked for an insurance company for nearly two months ending at the end of September. I liked it there. Amidst all of the other places I'm trying to find work out I've kept my eyes open for this opening at this office. I've been working with their recruiter, and have been on two interviews. So far, no luck. The recruiter submitted my resume for an entry level recruiter position that has become available. I should
know in a few days whether or not I get an interview. Fingers crossed.






No comments:

Post a Comment