Pages

About me

I'm a mid twenty something woman living in New England with my two dogs. I graduated college in 2008, and by then the economy was tanking. It was not a good time to enter the adult world. I was originally going to Vet school, but developed severe animal allergies. After 7 months of allergy shots, that affected my liver and actually made my symptoms much worse, i had to give up that dream. Now I'm just trying to find a steady job. I had major reconstructive knee surgery in November of 2011, so I'm still healing.

Friday, December 13, 2013

In which my mom is sick

She's been doing pretty crappy for a few days. Last Monday she had to go to the hospital because she had horrible intestinal problems. She's had a partial intestinal blockage before, so we were very worried. She refused to go for three days, which pissed me off something awful. She finally went, and it was her IBS acting up in an extreme way. They hydrated her, and she was doing much better. The next day her back slipped out a bit, but was fine by that night. Sometime during the night it went out again. She didn't do anything and hobbled around a tiny bit yesterday, but she can't stand up at all or bear her full weight. She finally went to the hospital this morning with my dad because she's totally immobile without help, and she now has a fever. Now I wait for news, and hope they don't just pass her off as a whiner.

No comments:

Post a Comment