Pages

About me

I'm a mid twenty something woman living in New England with my two dogs. I graduated college in 2008, and by then the economy was tanking. It was not a good time to enter the adult world. I was originally going to Vet school, but developed severe animal allergies. After 7 months of allergy shots, that affected my liver and actually made my symptoms much worse, i had to give up that dream. Now I'm just trying to find a steady job. I had major reconstructive knee surgery in November of 2011, so I'm still healing.

Monday, December 23, 2013

In which I'm back

Okay. I was away for a while. I just didn't feel like posting. My mom being in the hospital for most of a week was a really draining experience for the whole family. Thankfully she's doing much better. She needed to have her gallbladder out. The main duct was clogged and infected so she had a stent put in. Due to some of the infection leaking out, she ended up with pancreatitis. Luckily her numbers went down quickly enough that she could have the gallbladder out soon after the stent procedure. She'll need that out in a month or so but it's a very quick out patient procedure. She's still a bit more sore than I expected, but she tends to heal slower than most people so I'm not surprised.
I also got a job. It's an hour away for crap pay, but beggars can't be choosers. It's a temp to hire position, so I guess I'll see. If I don't get a raise when I'm not through an agency anymore, I'm done. I use up most of a day's pay on gas a week.
So that's the quick and dirty wrap up to where I've been.

No comments:

Post a Comment