Pages

About me

I'm a mid twenty something woman living in New England with my two dogs. I graduated college in 2008, and by then the economy was tanking. It was not a good time to enter the adult world. I was originally going to Vet school, but developed severe animal allergies. After 7 months of allergy shots, that affected my liver and actually made my symptoms much worse, i had to give up that dream. Now I'm just trying to find a steady job. I had major reconstructive knee surgery in November of 2011, so I'm still healing.

Sunday, December 15, 2013

In which my mom is hospitalized

It's been a rough few days here.My Mom got very sick Friday. She couldn't move with out extreme pain and yelping. It got so bad she couldn't even talk. The doctors finally discovered she had a blocked bile duct. She went for more tests and it turns out she needs her gallbladder out. They cleared out the infected duct and put some stents in. Due to the infection, she ended up with a case of pancreatitis. Now she's stuck on compete bowel rest while her numbers clear up. Hopefully she'll be able to get her gallbladder out Tuesday or Wednesday, and she'll be home the day after. She has her pain managed, and is able to move with her walker. Hopefully the pain continues to improve as they can't send her home with the heavy narcotics she's on. So now we wait, and hope for good news. Hopefully she'll be back Thursday at the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment